Tuesday, August 08, 2006

we're back!

All right, the computer is fixed and we now resume regularly scheduled blogging...

So what's going on in the Catholic world of late? well, B XVI is calling for Peace in the Middle East, as has most every Pope before him since Israel was established in 1946. Let me tell you, I'm all about peace, but at the same time, the "peace" and "cease-fire" agreements we've had before don't really seem to be doing the trick. Is it ever just time to let the aggression out and see where we go? Do Israel's actions fall under "Just War" theory? (which, btw, I am so glad we have) I don't really know. Any thoughts would be appreciated...

More Catholic women "ordained" on a cruise ship in Pittsburgh. They always say that they're following the early church, but I gotta ask, what early church? The Early Church was extremely obedient to the apostles/disciples/bishops. This isn't exactly what I call being obedient. If you want to serve God in an official capacity as a woman, be a nun . But this is old hat, so we'll move on.

Not much else on the horizon of late, but I'm sure, with election season moving into high gear, there will be much, much more. And you'll be able to read all about it here...

No comments: