Thursday, January 04, 2007

Catholic devotions

Tagged by Nutmeg over at Life In A Nutshell (see the blogroll, I think she's there, she should be! Otherwise: http://lastthingonmymind.blogspot.com)

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
Morning Offering....when I remember to do it. Without a Magnificat for this month (store sold out, grrr), my morning prayer has really suffered...

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
I am an (attempted) daily Rosary girl, so the "Hail Mary" and the "memorare," whenever I have a special petition. When I was in 6th grade that meant getting to sleep over at Anne's house (my best friend). Now I use it, um, a bit more reverently. :)

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I used to wear a great miraclous medal but the chain broke. So I have to get a new one...once I have the dough. I like to get nicer chains than the ones they come with because those are too clunky for me, and this is a small medal.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
When I lived at home, we did. I have to find my font, which I brought with me in the move, and get it up.

5. Do you ‘offer up’ your sufferings?
Dude, I grew up with a Catholic Mom. It was the first thing out of her mouth. So yeah, it's a habit.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
My dad does, so I try to. When I remember. Which reminds me--this weekend is one!!

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
I wish my parish offered it! When I go to Mass at the Cathedral I go early so I can sit in front of the tabernacle and say my rosary. When I'm driving in Pickerington and I pass Seton Parish I may go in because they have perpetual adoration.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
Sunday morning--gotta sing!

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Yuppers.

10. Favorite Saint(s)?
My patron saint, St. Therese of Lisieux. St. Teresa of Avila. St. Thomas Moore. St. Gregory (patron saint of singers), and St. Cecelia (patroness of music). St. Gianna Molla. St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, because she was a wife, mother, and a nun. How cool is that? St. Bernadette.

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
Yes.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
The occasional "Our Father" as I'm walking around.

13. Where is your favorite place to pray?
On my couch, with my rosary and my bible, in the late afternoon, because the couch is right by my glass patio doors, so the sun comes in through the trees and warms up the room. I feel like a contented cat. :)

14. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
I've started to. I do cross myself when I pass a Catholic church, however.

No comments: