Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Coalition for what ?

it's another abortion day at the Statehouse...

In House is considering a bill that would ban all abortions (sort of like SD's ban). Now it probably won't go anywhere, but it's summer time, it's quiet, and this spices things up for us (at least a bit). So anyway, we had, of course, a bunch of people (I think 50 witnesses for each side) come to testify at the House today, and that included one of my "favorite" anti-life groups: the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice.

OK now here's what I don't get. If you're "religious", then how do you can you be for abortion? I just don't get it. There's that whole thing about "thou shalt not kill", "children are a blessing from the Lord," etc. , etc. etc. But it's OK to kill them? These little human beings that God knew in their mother's womb before they were born? (Psalms) How can you be for their slaughter?

I 've read a lot of different Christian churches positions on abortion, and it usually goes something like, "While we do not condone the practices of abortion we realize that it may be admissable in certain cases, yada yada yada." But then they're against the death penalty!

Don't get me wrong. I'm against the death penalty, too. But I'm also against abortion. How can you be for the killing of innocents but against the punshiment of people who, let's face it, 99.9% aren't good citizens to begin with. So hmmm. Explain that one to me. But, like most liberal causes, there is no logic. It's just ridiculous and irrational. Par for the course.

No comments: