Thursday, December 08, 2005

Narnia review round-up

Some random samples of Narnia reviews I've tracked down:

--MSNBC.com: 3 stars. "exciting and enchanting", esp. the performance by Georgie Henley as Lucy.

--London Times (where the movie premiered): 2 stars. Adamson lays the Christian morality "on with a trowel" and it's a " Lord of the Rings wannabe." Also says the adult stars don't have enough to do.

--Jim Berandnelli's (sp?) Reel Reviews (great website, accessible through IMDB): 3 stars. Says it's a good movie, although it's not as dramatic as LOTR. It's also not like Harry Potter in that it's not "dark". It's a kids' movie, Jim! Come on! Doesn't like the battle scene (says it's too clean) and finds some of the effects are off. But he says it's enjoyable and wants it to succeed so the rest of the books can be made (He's excited for Prince Caspian .


That's all I've found so far, but I'm sure more will be up tomorrow and I'll post them ASAP. But GO SEE THE MOVIE--it's going to be good, and I'm really excited. The kids look great. ]

And, of course, after I see the movie tomorrow night I'll post my own take. Stay tuned...

No comments: